Did I make you think of the little rascals? I hope so!
Today I have accomplished my first pickling! The verdict: As with all other things on this blog it was so much easier then I thought it would be. I don’t necessarily love pickles, but I have always wondered how to do it, and I know there are more things to pickle then just cucumbers (yes, pickles are simply cucumbers). The hardest part about this recipe is waiting 30 minutes for them to actually settle in the brine and “pickle” themselves.
After a long day of shopping with the boyfriend’s sister it was nice to have a recipe that took five minutes to set up and then I could just sit and let it simmer! So here we go,
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Place all of the ingredients in a pot except the cucumbers and bring it to a boil.
2. As the ingredients are heating up take the cucumbers, wash them thoroughly, slice the ends off.
3. Then slice the cucumber in half (the short way). Then slice each of those in half the long way. Then cut each into 3-4 spears.
4. Once the mixture is boiling toss in the spears and take the pan off the heat. Leave the cucumbers to set for 30 minutes.
5. Once they are done you can pour them in a jar and cool in the fridge over night. If you want to eat them soon, you can put them in a jar in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes.
I finally bought mushrooms, so expect a mushroom recipe within the next couple of days! I hope you guys did some fun things over the weekend, and don’t forget to check out my Q&A and respond with your own answers!