I’m sure all of you have had breakfast for dinner…and if you haven’t, you should! Sometimes just a big bowl of cereal will do, thinking about it now makes my mouth water. Those crunchy sugar bits and that cold cold milk… maybe its because I really would love some cold cold milk with this delicious pancake dinner. mmmm…
Through this experience I am constantly thinking one thing, “who told us, and when, that boxed/bagged/microwave food was easier and better tasting then homemade?” Let me be the first to tell you, not only is homemade sooooo easy, it taste so so so much better.
As always, let’s get too it… pancakes!
2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.5-2 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them.
2. In another bowl combine the eggs and milk and stir, then stir in the cooled butter.
3. Add the wet to the dry. Mix these just until all of the dry ingredients become wet. It is ok if the batter is slightly lumpy. If you want thinner pancakes you can add a little more milk to make the batter thinner.
4. Start a pan at medium-high heat. When it is hot enough ad a pat of butter to coat the bottom of the pan and begin by pour some of the batter into the skillet.
5. When the pancake begins to bubble in the middle and the sides are set you can flip.
6. Plate the pancake after 2-3 minutes once it is set. Repeat.
I usually eat pancakes one by one, but I suggest eating these in a stack. The pancakes are so fluffy, and the butter and syrup add a nice salty-sweetness to each bite. I already ate the stack and my mouth is still watering! mmm so good.
Now, get yourself a big cold glass of milk and enjoy each fluffy bite!