Sometimes you just want to sit down and eat a box of cheese its with a diet coke. But, sometimes its just too cold to go out and get some. So, what do you do? You make your own! My cheese its came out great, but they weren’t as crunchy as the original. Instead, they were more soft. I think if the dough was rolled out thinner and I let them cool off for a bit before I shoveled them in, they would have been crunchy, but alas I didn’t, so I am recommending you do! Demand yourself to wait and you will be rewarded!
Here we go:
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon cold water
1. In a food processor or other mixer blend the cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
2. Once combined at a bit of flour at a time until it becomes crumbly.
3. Add the water and blend. You want the mixture to be moist but not wet.
4. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and chill for 30min to an hour. While you wait pre-heat the oven to 375.
5. Once the mixture is cool, roll it out I think I did about a 1/4 of an inch, but you might want to try thinner to get the crunch.
6. Cut it with any cookie cutters you have. I used a round one, but you could use anything.
7. Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, preferably sea salt.
8. Bake for 15min or until slightly brown. Let cool.
– If you want you can add some spices like chili powder in the beginning, or try another cheese like pepperjack for a different taste!
– And, again, let them cool before you eat!